What I need to do to before my waxing appointment?
Proper skin prep and aftercare are essential for avoiding issues, here are some tips for what to do before your waxing sessions:
- A day or two before you wax, gently exfoliate the area to be waxed, exfoliating helps loosen existing ingrown hairs and improves your waxing results.
- Always start your waxing session with freshly washed skin to remove any germs, sweat, oil, makeup, dirt, or other residue, avoiding your chance of incurring infected bumps.
- Make sure your skin is dry, wax won’t adhere to wet hair.
- Your hair needs to be at least 6mm (¼") long so that there is sufficient above the skin for the wax to stick to efficiently.
- Do not apply self tanner, moisturizer, or any abrasive body or facial scrubs.
- Do not go sit in the sun or go to the tanning booth prior to your service.
- Discontinuing any product that exfoliates or dries the skin for at least 1 week prevents tears, scabbing or burning.
- Avoid getting spray tanned before any waxing procedure. Wax tends to lift the color off your skin leaving it patchy-looking.
- Some products that conflict with waxing are: Accutane, Differin, Retin A/Retinol, Glycolic acid/AHA’s, ProActive, Avita, Benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic acid/ BHA’s Please note; new products come out every day, and these the most common products used. If you are in doubt, don’t use it or don’t wax.
- At the time of your session, sit back and relax. Being relaxed helps relieve the tension and guarantee you to have an even better experience.